Report power outages to your power company

During a storm it’s common for RRRDC to receive many emergency and non-emergency calls. Dispatchers need to focus their attention on emergency calls that pose a danger to the public such as down trees, power lines, and flooding. Calling 911 to report a power outage ties up valuable 911 phone lines needed for actual life-threatening emergencies. This may slow the emergency call processing. Also, because they are dealing with real emergencies it may take longer to get the outages reported to your power company. RRRDC takes pride in our region and, to better serve you, we ask that you contact your power company directly to report an outage. Remember to be safe and always be prepared for unexpected severe weather.

Xcel: 1-800-895-1999

Cass County Electric Cooperative: 1-800-248-3292

Moorhead Public Service: 218-477-8000