The Red River Regional Dispatch Center operates in a 5,224 sq ft secure facility located on the second floor of 300 NP Avenue in downtown Fargo. The current building, which was built in 1920, was formerly known as the site of the Advance Rumley Company. The company manufactured various farm machinery products. It was completely renovated by Mutchler Bartram Architects. Luxury loft condominiums were built on top of the building in 2004. For more historical information about our NP Avenue building, visit www.fargo-history.com
The Center’s architectural design is an example of reversing the trend that formerly placed 9-1-1 dispatch centers in windowless cramped environments. Sunlight illuminates the high ceiling, loft style administrative offices and dispatch floor. Exposed original brickwork and the warm earth tones and textures incorporated into the design provides a sense of tranquility to balance the hectic and stressful work environment.
This space was purchased in 2015 by the RRRDC after leasing it for eleven years.